Do you need SEO services? SEO is also called search engine optimization. With SEO, you have the solution to generate more revenue from searches while saving time and money. One-time or ongoing SEO services can optimize your website’s search engine optimization (SEO) to increase its organic search visibility and traffic. SEO services are offered by freelancers, consultants, and agencies alike.
Read on to learn more about what SEO services are, including how much they cost, what they should include, and how to find the best type of SEO services.
1. What is SEO service?
SEO services are search engine optimization services provided by an agency, freelancer, or consultant to optimize your website for SEO so that you can get more traffic and revenue from searches. Most SEO plans will include on-page, off-page, and technical SEO, although some plans focus on specific areas, such as off-page SEO.
2. Why use SEO services?
Investing in SEO services has several benefits. Some examples include:
- Get help in areas of SEO expertise such as off-page, local, and technical SEO
- Outsource SEO tasks like keyword research, content creation, and link building to save time
- Track return on investment (ROI) with platforms
- Optimize marketing budget (SEO plans cost four times less per year than in-house teams )
Overall, an SEO agency’s services can help you implement (and maintain) a profitable SEO strategy, as well as track and monitor your organic search performance. The best part? You’ll have more time to focus on projects that require your expertise.
3. What types of SEO services are there?
The most common types of SEO services include:
- Local SEO services that optimize your website and local listings for local searches.
- E-commerce SEO services to optimize your online shopping website.
- Voice SEO services that optimize your website for voice searches.
- SEO audit services to find and fix your website’s biggest SEO issues.
For many companies, traditional SEO programs provide everything they need to succeed. However, if you are a local or e-commerce store, local and e-commerce SEO solutions provide a competitive advantage that can maximize the impact of your SEO strategy.
Some SEO services will focus on specific areas of SEO, such as:
- On-page SEO, which focuses on optimization related to your website, such as title tags, content, etc.
- Off-page SEO, which focuses on optimization related to your online presence, such as backlinks to your website
- Technical SEO, focusing on optimization related to the website backend, such as page speed, website architecture, etc.
Since SEO requires on-page, off-page, and technical SEO to be successful, it is not common for companies to invest in these separate services. Most people choose full-service SEO plans that include on-page, off-page, and technical SEO because these plans provide you with an all-in-one solution for SEO.
4. What ranking factors do SEO services optimize for?
Depending on your SEO plan, SEO services will target different ranking factors. Full-service plans will optimize for on-page, off-page, and technical SEO, while off-page SEO plans will optimize for off-page SEO.
There are more than 200 ranking factors used by search engines like Google.
The most noteworthy factors include:
- Your backlink profile focuses on the quality and quantity of external websites linking to your website.
- Your content, including keyword positioning, keyword integration, content usefulness, etc.
- A user’s experience, such as page speed, usability, mobile friendliness, etc.
Whether your SEO plan will be optimized for these ranking factors depends on your SEO service provider.
There are freelancers who specialize in specific areas of SEO, such as off-page SEO. In contrast, a consultant may specialize in SEO audits, while an agency may provide SEO solutions, including on-page, off-page, and technical SEO.
Please contact the service provider for the most accurate information on what SEO services include. They can provide your business with a list of deliverables and pricing that your team can then use to compare SEO plans.
5. What should SEO services include?
Now that you understand the definition of SEO services, it is necessary to review the services provided by SEO companies. While every digital marketing company is different, you want to work with a provider that offers a complete package of SEO campaigns.
- Customized strategy
- SEO audit
- competitor analysis
- Off-page optimization
- Page optimization
- Continuous optimization
- monthly report
- ROI tracking
- First-party data activation
1) Customized strategy
Customized strategies are a core component of the SEO service definition. You can maximize your SEO return on investment (ROI) when you take a personalized approach that’s right for your business. Your business will receive more calls, orders, and visitors as a result.
If you invest in an SEO service package, your team will need to ensure that your agency offers customized strategies. This is because many SEO companies, especially those promoting “cheap” SEO plans, offer cookie-cutter or copy-and-paste strategies.
With a cookie-cutter approach to SEO, your business won’t get the maximum ROI. Due to the fact that only 25% of users go beyond the first page of search results, companies using this type of strategy fail to appear on the first page of search results.
Think of it this way: If you owned a medical clinic, would you want to use the same SEO strategies as a retail store? of course not! Your audience is different, and so is the way you reach them (and bring them to your practice) through search.
That’s why your team needs to invest in the services of an SEO company that offers customized strategies.
2) SEO audit
An SEO audit should be included in every SEO company’s services. Through an SEO audit, your SEO provider will gain insight into your current strategy.
Even if you don’t have an SEO strategy, your agency will evaluate your website from an SEO perspective to see its strengths and where SEO improvements can be made. While you can use free SEO audit tools, they won’t give you the same insight as a team of SEO experts.
This is why SEO services should include an audit.
If they don’t, it shows a lack of preparation and investment on the part of your SEO company. The lack of an SEO audit also indicates that your agency does not intend to create a custom strategy for your business. They use templates instead, so they don’t want to spend time auditing your site.
The best SEO solutions are tailored to your business, brand, and audience.
3) Off-page optimization
In addition to on-page optimization, your SEO package should include off-page optimization as well. In SEO, off-page optimization refers to optimizing factors outside of the website that affect search result rankings.
For example, your backlink profile can impact your ranking in search results.
For reference, your backlink profile refers to the number and quality of websites linking to your site. For example, a food blogger might link to your website when they share the custom cookies you made for their wedding.
A SEO company typically provides the following off-page SEO services as part of its services:
- Bloggers and webmasters can help you promote your website content
- Develop shareable content for your website’s blog
- Monitor mentions of your company on social media by users and influencers
- Optimize your Google My Business profile
If you don’t know if an SEO agency offers off-page optimization through its SEO plan, ask!
They can provide your team with an overview of SEO marketing services and what specific deliverables mean. This way, your employees can make informed decisions when choosing an agency.
4) Page optimization
The meaning of SEO services also includes on-page optimization. With on-page optimization, your SEO company focuses on optimizing your website’s features for search engines like Google.
Some examples of on-page SEO service deliverables include:
- Update title tags, meta descriptions, and title tags for searches
- Review the website’s information architecture, redirects, and internal link structure
- Create sitemap
- Make sure your website images are optimized according to best practices
- Research and optimize your website using valuable and relevant keywords
- Generate new, SEO-friendly content for your website
- Analyze website usability, speed, and design
In most cases, on-page optimization forms an important part of the SEO package. That’s why if an SEO company doesn’t offer on-page SEO, they don’t offer SEO services, which means your team will need to find another agency.
5) Continuous optimization
SEO is an ongoing strategy, which is why definitions of SEO services often emphasize the partnership your business forms with an SEO agency. In contrast, SEO consulting services focus on short-term help, such as a website redesign project.
You work with your agency on an ongoing basis, which is why an SEO company should serve as an extension of your business to increase your search engine visibility and search revenue. This is why their services should include progressive optimization.
With continuous optimization, your SEO agency can continually optimize your website.
Even if your website meets SEO standards, they will continue to look for ways to improve and enhance your SEO strategy, which allows you to get more traffic, leads, and sales from SEO.
For example, your dedicated account manager may find additional target keywords for your business.
This discovery translates into new content that can be promoted to bloggers and webmasters in your industry. No matter how advanced or successful your SEO strategy becomes, your company and SEO agency can improve it by one percent.
That’s why it’s crucial that your business works with an agency that recognizes this and sees the potential in your website.
6) Monthly report
Transparency in SEO services is crucial. You want an agency that your team can trust and rely on, which is why it’s crucial to work with an SEO company that includes regular monthly reports. With SEO reporting, your business can instantly understand the results of your SEO strategy.
For example, your report might cover your:
- organic traffic
- sales leads generated
- sales generated
- Ranking list
- and more
A dedicated account manager should also be part of your SEO company’s services.
Set up regular meetings with your account manager so your team can ask questions, review your reports one-on-one, and more. In short, regular meetings can help you and your team stay aligned with your SEO agency.
7) ROI tracking
Businesses cannot settle for SEO services without ROI tracking.
While Google Analytics can support e-commerce businesses, lead-based businesses need a better ROI tracking solution. That’s why it’s crucial to work with an SEO service provider that includes return on investment tracking.
When your SEO plan includes ROI tracking, you can see (at a glance) the following:
- Number of leads generated by SEO
- Number of sales completed through SEO
- Total sales value of leads generated by SEO
- Average sales value of leads generated by SEO
Typically, this tracking is accomplished by syncing your marketing and sales data, which isn’t easy. MarketingCloudFX is an outstanding example of SEO ROI tracking because it unifies marketing and sales data and helps businesses use this data to maximize SEO ROI.
For example, Donsafe’s clients have seen an average increase in return on investment of 20%.
If you want to maximize your SEO performance and ROI tracking, focus on SEO services that include ROI tracking. They’ll provide your team with more data and enable you to make smarter, data-driven decisions about your digital marketing and SEO strategies.
8) First-party data activation
SEO is a great way to generate first-party data, which is a powerful tool for ad campaigns, email marketing programs, and other digital marketing strategies. That’s why SEO packages from top providers will include first-party data activation.
For example, Donsafe offers first-party data activation through our SEO programs, which include:
- Customer Data Platform (CDP)
- Personalization platform
- Landing page builder
- email marketing software
With the help of these tools, your business can repurpose the data generated by SEO into other marketing campaigns. For your company, this means delivering the right message to users at the right time, whether in their inbox, browsing their favorite website, or revisiting your site to learn more.
So if you’re shopping for an SEO company, look for one that can activate your first-party data.
6. How to choose SEO services?
Okay, you want to invest in SEO services, but how do you find the best SEO package for your business? First, be patient. Choosing an SEO service provider can take months, but if you put in the time, you can find one you can work with for years.
Here are our top ten tips for choosing an SEO plan:
- Determine your budget, requirements, and goals
- Ask your network for references
- Search online for potential SEO companies
- Review body comments and case studies
- Check each agency’s SEO deliverables
- Meet your preferred people to learn about their processes, expertise, and capabilities
- Request custom pricing and deliverables list if needed
- Check if there are any fine print such as additional fees or charges
- Ask the agency how much time and what resources it will need from your team
- Learn how SEO service providers measure success
7. Frequently Asked Questions about SEO Services
Looking for more information on what SEO services mean? Check out these FAQs:
1) How much do SEO services cost?
The price of SEO services depends on several factors, including your goals, motivation, and SEO agency. On average, monthly SEO plans cost between $2,500 and $7,500 per month, while hourly SEO costs between $50 and $100 per hour. Request a custom quote from an SEO service provider to get the most accurate SEO pricing.
2) How long does it take for SEO services to work?
Typically, SEO services will begin to deliver a return on investment within four to six months. However, this timeline may change depending on your website, SEO agency, and SEO plan. For example, if you invest in an SEO plan to address Google penalties, you may not see a return on your investment for four to six months.
3) When can I stop using SEO services?
The reasons why companies choose to stop using SEO services are as follows:
- Limited results
- Poor customer experience
- lack of transparency
- Budget changes
- leadership changes
Stopping an SEO plan depends on your organization and its SEO company.
While it’s important to continue investing in SEO to protect your search visibility, traffic, and revenue, there’s nothing wrong with finding another provider or bringing management in-house (with some research).
4) Compared to purchasing SEO services, can I do SEO myself?
certainly! From startups to enterprises, many organizations have in-house SEO teams.
The reasons why businesses typically invest in SEO services are:
- save time
- Get SEO-specific expertise
- Accelerate the implementation time of SEO action items
- Improve rankings and returns for highly competitive keywords
- Optimize internal costs
- and more
The above is the relevant information about SEO services summarized in this guide for you. I believe that after reading this article, you will already understand what kind of SEO services you need. If you are looking for suitable SEO services, you may want to take a look at Donsafe.